Wednesday, April 29, 2009

beauty of simplicity

So does anyone else feel like they move at a snails pace sometimes?  I woke up this morning with no real motivation.  I had nothing to do, no deadlines, no time table to work for just wake up and get a couple non-essential errands done.  I cleaned some dishes, folded laundry, watched Nash Bridges, bought groceries yet something has prevented me from feeling productive.  Not sure why?  I guess i have a bad measure of success for a day.  I think I need to change that view or be more satisfied with enjoying a day off regardless of what gets done.  
I don't know how to change that measure but I do blame society for making us crazy, over active, over stimulated creatures.  Why must we feel guilty for sitting still?  Yea I'm probably missing 10 Facebook updates, 22 tweets, and 3 new blog postings but maybe if we slowed down and started enjoying what is ACTUALLY around us and not just on computers we would be a lot happier and much more satisfied (maybe satisfied longer than 10 minutes).  Call it ADD call it impatient call it what you will but I'm tired of it, so no more constant stimulus, I'm not calling it laziness I'm enjoying the beauty of simplicity

1 comment:

  1. I totally understand Tom. I feel the same way! I think it's the joy/curse of growing up in the northeast. Do you find most people in Nashville with a same or different point of view on the speed of life? It's true though, I often feel unhappy with what I'm currently doing, and let down that I didn't "change the world" that day. It's hard because it's an endless cycle of beating yourself up. I hate the snails pace, but at least we're both moving forward!

    ReplyDelete