Saturday, March 7, 2009

On The Road

Well, I started this thing to let everyone know how life on the road is and so...here it goes.

I woke up at 4:30...suck! 
I have 1 suitcase, 2 long (7ft) awkward heavy bags with poles, 2 bookbags
It's 5am, Nashville airport is swamped!

Aside from the craziness of trying to figure out how to carry all that, i had a great smooth flight, 4 hours to lay around till i had to be at the venue, cable (i watched twister, great flick).  I meet joel(joe-l, he's from canada i guess they say joel funny up there) first.  I felt like we really hit it off and i'm pretty stoked about the weekend.  As i met the other guys i got more and more excited about the weekend, they are all great mostly because we all quote the same movies...which really is all i need you to do if you want to be my friend.  Anyways, we were at an indoor soccer arena and the band is playing after the game.  I love soccer so it was fun to hang out and watch the game.  When i set up and meet my volunteer i realized he was more of a professional then i am.  The night went amazing, sold a ton, couldn't ask for a better start.  
I roomed with joel and i felt like i was at summer camp staying up till 2am talking.  we had to get up at 6 which stunk but ah whatever, flew to O'hara (worst airport ever!) had a 2 hour layover and then flew into minneapolis.  
We are at Club 3 degrees which is one of the sweetest venues i've ever been to.  the layout is much like the TLA (but way nicer) for you philly folk and kinda close to 3rd and linsely for you Nashvegas folk.  I get everything set up, go grab food and as they are telling all the bands where everything is then mention they have someone to give complimentary massages...are you kidding, you better believe i was first to get that!
Right now, the 2nd of 3 opening bands is about to start and I'm in the green room on a nice comfy leather couch enjoying a nice relaxing break.
I can't say the road has been all that exciting, I haven't seen much outside of the venue and the airport, but the guys are really fun and heck, it's better than sitting on my couch at home.  i think the hardest thing so far has been not playing any music just selling stuff but it's a step closer, gotta pay my dues!
It's been long days, but I really am enjoying myself and really excited about the next month being on the road!  Hopefully i'll get some pictures up soon...

No comments:

Post a Comment