Friday, February 20, 2009

In The Pocket

Well, It's my first blog and i realize there are endless possibilities of where to start.  Actually, If you think about it technically there are only 3 (beginning, middle or end)  So i choose middle.  
I have some exciting things coming up in the next couple months and I thought this would be a great way for family and friends to hear/see what kind of trouble I get myself in.  There is always facebook but lets be honest, who wouldn't want to devote countless hours to learning about me...and only me.   Forget all your other friends, bumper stickers, tetris, relative apps, stickers, and 25 things notes, status updates, "want a girlfriend" ads...well i guess you get the point.  tombeaupre.blogspot.com is all the entertainment you'll need!  
I want to kick things off with a Album Review.  I recently purchased James Taylor, In the pocket.  To start it has guest appearances from Stevie Wonder, Crosby, Stills, Nash, Garfunkel, and Carly Simon.  All that to back James Taylor himself who is a beast.  In the age where it's rare to write your own music, I am so utterly impressed with his talent.  
My favorite track on the record is called "Nothing Like A Hundred Miles"  As a song writer I constantly have ideas floating around in my head.  What makes song writing difficult is figuring out the best way to sum up 1,000 different thoughts in a precise, concise, rhyming manner.  Thus I always am analyzing how others do it.  On rare occasions you hear a song and say..."yep, that's what i was trying to say, wish i thought of that first"  and for me this was that song.  If you don't have this album and enjoy JT I encourage you to pick this up.  
I've been on a vinyl kick, mostly because of value to price ratio.  I payed 5 dollars and got James Taylor and Boz Scaggs.  It's GREAT music and at a very affordable price.   I love it.  
Well, I think I'll stop here,  I hope you've enjoyed learning a little about me.  

Don't be bashful, feel free to comment, even if it has nothing to do with the post.  

6 comments:

  1. Hey man This is garrett i know i know random!! lol just wanted to let you know that whatev you did to make me look at your blog .... It worked!! :) also james taylor = Amazing!! i have only heard one song by him and it was phenomenal .... But just wanted to let you know i was thinkin bout you man.. Hope all is well! Take care man

    ReplyDelete
  2. We just started one, too.....http://humpdeedumpdee.blogspot.com. How do we become blogspot friends??? I know we can somehow.......

    ReplyDelete
  3. I get the humor and you are a genious. You understand music. That is a gift that most people can not comprehend. Keep on keepin on bro! By the way, your picture makes you look like a pedifile. Creepy ass fu man chu!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. James Taylor In the Pocket, Good call!

    ReplyDelete
  5. True true Tom. Interesting story about the green coffee plugger things. Not sure exactly what you are describing, but the story about how quickly people expected you to have them is hilarious, and exactly what Louis CK is talking about in this clip. I actually saw this clip on facebook already, but it's a big laugh and a big slap in the face at the same time.

    "Give it a Second! It's going to space! Can you give it a minute, to get back from space?"

    ReplyDelete